Make the Most of Your Ceramic Tile Floors
Ceramic tile can create a very clean, contemporary look in your home, especially when installed and utilized correctly. Tile is not only beautiful but easy to clean and durable to wear and tear, making it a smart choice for areas of high traffic. From foyers to kitchens, hallways to bathrooms, your home can benefit from a bit of ceramic tile.
When choosing ceramic tile floors for your home, it's important to remember that all types of flooring require a bit of care and smart use in order to maintain natural beauty and value. Ceramic tile is no exception. Installing ceramic tile floors in your home is an improvement on the property, so be sure that you're protecting your investment by using smart, useful techniques that protect, preserve, and accentuate the beauty of your tile floors. Here are 10 ways to make the most of your ceramic tile floors from QualityFlooring4Less.com:
- When installing your ceramic tile for the first time, remember to read the manufacturer's instructions that come with your flooring. This can ensure fewer problems with installation as well as proper long term care.
- Clean your ceramic tile floors regularly with a safe, non-abrasive household cleaner.
- Sweeping your ceramic floors often can help make cleaning easier and make for a beautiful appearance.
- Protect your tile by using throw rugs near high traffic areas like hallways, doorways, in front of toilets and sinks, or near bathtubs.
- Don't rush when installing your tile. Take careful measurements and take your time during installation. If you have any doubts, hire a professional.
- If your bathroom tiles develop mildew in the grout, use a scrub brush and a mildew cleaner to remove it. After scrubbing it out and letting rest for 15 minutes, give a final spray to prevent stains.
- Make your guests take off their shoes before entering your home. This will save on all floors, including your tile, carpeting, and hardwood.
- Make it a point to regularly check the corners of your ceramic tile for dirt, dust and grime. Keeping it clean in these rarely touched places can make it easier once it comes time to scrub down or mop.
- Don't allow for your children to bounce balls, play with toys that could scratch, or goof off on the tile. Carpeting is better suited for play.
- When you need to replace your ceramic tile floors, look to QualityFlooring4Less.com for options from top brands like Shaw, American Olean, Daltile, Mannington, and Interceramic.